How To Find Best Accommodations For Addiction in Indianapolis
The choice of a rehab center is crucial for recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. However, you need to look beyond the specific therapies they provide and ensure accommodations and amenities meet your needs as well. Beautiful landscapes, interior décor, and access to various amenities can boost your recovery by improving your physical and mental health. How to find the best accommodation for your needs? Scroll down to find out.
Make Sure Accommodation Covers The Basics
Every place is different. Some types of rehabs offer more elaborate accommodations and services than others. However, it’s not that difficult to choose the right accommodation for your (or loved one’s) specific needs. Start with the basics. Make sure the accommodation you choose provides the following:
- Comfortable and welcoming rooms and meeting places
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, and other areas
- Medical support and supervision during the detox stage to reduce the severity of cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Gym or other areas that promote physical activity
- Nutrient-rich meals
Evidence shows several factors make a patient more likely to complete the treatment. These include desirable location, support groups, and an optimal ratio of staff to clients. Ideally, the accommodation you choose should ensure there’s enough staff per each client. That way, all patients receive immediate attention when necessary.
How To Find Amenities That Support Recovery?
First things first, there is no specific rule here. Everyone’s different meaning our needs and preferences are not the same. Accommodation and amenities that work for one person may not help the other. To find places and amenities that support your recovery process, you need to do the following:
- Focus on your recovery goals – finding the best accommodation indicates you have to compare several options first. That’s why it’s useful to focus on specific recovery goals you have. If you don’t have them yet, take some time to define and write down what you want or expect from the recovery. For some people, it’s a specific level of care of therapy, improved physical health, a chance to work on spiritual progress, and learning to set boundaries. Others want to improve relationships and social communication with recovery treatment. List everything you want from the recovery process and choose the accommodation that meets all those needs.
- Think about the importance of location – do you believe that a nice, peaceful location with a breathtaking view is necessary for your recovery? For many people, it is because a beautiful location is beneficial for mental health and wellbeing. If you prioritize location (and even interior arrangement), then choose the rehab that meets those criteria.
- Dual diagnosis – many patients have both a substance use disorder and mental health disorder. This is called dual diagnosis. Not every accommodation treats dual diagnosis. Therefore, if you have co-occurring mental health disorder, you need to focus only on accommodation that treats this specific problem.
- Continuum of care – recovery from drug or alcohol addiction doesn’t end with the completion of the inpatient treatment program. Instead, it continues with outpatient programs and aftercare. Always opt for accommodation that provides a continuum of care that will help you maintain a substance-free lifestyle.
Family and friends usually make these mistakes because their heart is in the right place and they want to help, without realizing this could worsen the problem. As you stop making these mistakes, you’ll be more equipped to help a high-functioning alcoholic.
Break Free From Addiction!
Other Factors To Consider
Besides the above-mentioned, you should also consider the following factors when choosing the best accommodation for your recovery:
- Accreditation and licensing to provide all services and amenities they advertise
- Costs and health insurance coverage
staff-to-patient ratio so that every patient gets immediate attention and assistance
- Holistic treatment and recreational resources
- Private or shared bedrooms
- Behavioral therapy and medication-assisted therapy (MAT)
- Access to educational resources
- Gym, tennis court or other location to support mental health and recovery through exercise
- User reviews and experiences
- Patient education about substance use disorder
Finding the best accommodation and amenities for your recovery is easier than you believe. Everything starts with your specific needs. The best thing you can do is to write down everything you want from recovery and accommodation. Then, compare different options and choose an accommodation that meets all or most of your needs and preferences. Remember, it’s not just about visual appearance. The accommodation you choose should support your mental and physical health.